Waiting for results

• 1 reply
  • 65 subscribers

Hello all, I had a mole removed by excision 3 weeks ago. My consultant told me she was 99% certain it was a melanoma and would phone to triage my results by end of the week. Another 2 weeks have passed and my consultant has since left her job. I have phoned for results and am now being told it is a 6-8 week wait. Wondered what other people experienced as wait time from initial excision? The wait is really getting to me now.

Thanks in advance xxx

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

When I was diagnosed with melanoma it was 6 weeks before my biopsy results were back. I think your consultant was being overly optimistic that they would be back in a week.

If you look through the posts on here you'll find most people get them back between 4-8 weeks, although a few have reported getting them in 2 weeks. It really all depends on how busy the pathology laboratories are in your area of the country.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"