AI scan & possible melanoma

• 3 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hello everyone,

My Mum has had a small dark patch/bump near her thumb (top side) for years, it's never got any bigger but recently it started to scab over. She went to see a nurse who then sent her to a clinic to have an AI scan done of the bump. She received a message today saying it's a "possible" melanoma & will get a refferal to a dermatologist

I know now it's just a case of waiting for her to get the appointment & seeing what they say but it's obviously a shock to the system to hear these kind of things

Does anyone have any experience with having had a similar AI scan done? From my understanding it's quite knew technology in this field but also quite accurate

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have any experience with an AI scan but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list again. If anyone here has had an AI scan hopefully they'll pop on to share their experiences with you.

Wishing you and your mum all the best.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you for the reply. She has a face-to-face appointment with a dermatologist in a couple of weeks

• Do let us know how she gets on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"