Mole

• 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hello, 

I hope I am ok posting here. I became very aware of a mole on the side of my head a few weeks ago and finally booked a doctors appointment. I went to see the dermatologist gp  at my surgery today and she didn't seem overly worried. She took some pictures and asked me to go back in a month so she could see if it had changed at all. That was 9am this morning. I have now just had a call from the hospital to ask me to go in tomorrow morning for medical photos. I am so worried as to why they want me to suddenly go in for more pictures and I can't help but think it's all going to lead to bad news.

Is this normal for moles and has anyone been through something similar.

Thank you for reading. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

How did your appointment go today? Hopefully, you might be closer to knowing if they want to biopsy your mole or take another set of photos in a month or so.

I know you are asking for people who'd had photos taken to share their experiences with you and hopefully some will come forward. When I had a suspicious lesion and, then again when I had a suspicious mole, they were both removed and sent off for biopsy. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much for replying. So the person I saw today was just a medical photographer and could only tell me that the pictures will be sent to the consultant today and I should hear from my gp within the next 7 days with what the next steps will be. Going out of my mind with worry. 
    Thank you again so much for replying x