Family member with melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hello

My sibling has been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma and it is a great shock.  They just retired early a couple of years ago having reached 65 now and they say it is a rare aggressive type of melanoma so it is one thing trying to adjust to believing this sudden change in the prospect of his future life and how that affects the whole family and then trying to manage my feelings with other people as well

• Hi  

I'm very sorry to read that your sibling has recently been diagnosed with metastatic melanoma and I can imagine what a great shock thi will have been for the whole family.

We do have some group members who's melanoma has spread and I'm sure they'll be happy to share their experiences with you if there are any questions you want to ask.

I can see that you've also joined the family and friends group, which will be a great place to discuss your worries and emotions along with how your sibling's cancer diagnosis has impacted the family.

It would be great if you could pop something about your sibling's diagnosis and tests so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello

Thanks for replying, The difficulty is, one of them - that I don't have any information about  this,  that is also why I have joined the forum because I am in the dark.  But suddenly yesterday I got a  message that he was having a bowel operation yesterday, it seemed to be very long. I know he came out of it and it seemed to have gone well. But I don't have diagnosis other than I was told that it is untreatable, aggressive and he is taking a trial treatment.