Waiting

• 5 replies
  • 76 subscribers

I had a melanoma removed some weeks ago and yesterday had further excision and lymph nodes removed.  How did everyone cope with the time waiting for results 

• Hi las7070 I no its a wait I waited 7 weeks but they have to fully check They do all different test thats why it takes them so long I was told at 1 point they freeze them and then place them in solution I no its a nightmare waiting but I had mastectomy and a reconstruction so I just focus on getting  better I wish you luck and all the best everything comes back clear.

• Thank you so much Spider for your encouraging words.  It is just so nice to be able to chat with someone who understands what you are going through.  Friends and family try their best but just don't "get it".

Wishing you too all the best for the future

LA xxx

• Everything seems to take so long! 
    i waited 7 weeks for results of my biopsy and now waiting for wide excision - it’s been 15 weeks already. I just try to keep myself busy. There’s been a couple of times when I’ve had a few drinks to ‘forget’, but that REALLY doesn’t help Face palm tone2‍♀️ I’ve found that sport and exercise helps a lot. Hang in there. 

• Absolutely i have good family and friends support but i think you need people who been through the same thing to understand you fully. That why i joined on her good luck and all the best xxx

• I've just had my lymph nodes removed and wide excision so off work recovering.  I am not used to being around the house all day and the stresses are making the days even longer.   

Wishing you all the very best

LA xx