Melanoma on polyp

• 3 replies
  • 75 subscribers

Hi 

I had a polyp removed in my rectum about a month ago. The surgeon told me that the centre of the polyp has skin cancer and the outer skin is benign . He says he has to discuss my case with others and will get back to me within a couple of weeks.

in the meantime , I am absolutely petrified . I am googling non stop but can’t find the answers to my situation . I am either treatable of I am going to die from this  . I don’t even know what answers I am looking for…

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Pray 

• Hi Ker22 welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear how worried that you are and you are not alone in googling, but we always advise people, NOT to google as it is too generalised and generic and you are a unique person and no two people are the same as you, so you need advice specific to you.

Im going to suggest that you give the Macmillan Line a call and see if you can speak to one of the Nurses there or at least one of the Advisors who can point you in the right direction for information to maybe re-assure you about what is happening  for you.

08088080000. They will be closed now unfortunately but they open again at 8am tomorrow and go on until 8pm and has those hours all week.

gail

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you so much for your reply. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and he says I have squamous cell carcinoma on the polyp . I am confused now 

• Hello Ker22 and welcome.  I see from your recent comment that you've been given the name of the specific cancer found inside your polyp.  That's also a type of skin cancer as is basal cell cancer.  They are all treated differently.  Obviously your doctor will be the best person to talk to about the next steps.

It's a scary time right now for you and waiting for answers is so difficult but if you can just try and keep yourself distracted that might help the time pass. Hopefully you'll hear from your doctor soon regarding their plans.  Take care x