Just found you! I knew you had to be here somewhere :-)

• 3 replies
  • 64 subscribers

Hello,

I've been looking for some kind of community/self help/forum type place and... here you were all the time! I hadn't realised that MacMillan ran all these groups. Such a huge benefit to those that may be looking for support and encouragement or (and just as importantly) hoping to provide support and encouragement to other folk.

Thanks

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I see from your profile that you've had a recent melanoma diagnosis and that you'll be starting immunotherapy in September. There are quite a lot of people in the group who are on the same treatment as you and I'm sure they'll be happy to share their experiences.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks for the warm welcome latchbrook I really appreciate that.

Yes, I "look forward" (if that's the right phrase!) to finding out the experience of other folk going through immunotherapy. My prayer is going to be... "Maximum benefit with minimum side-effects please God"  :-)

• I like your 'prayer' !

I've had 2 cycles of chemotherapy for breast cancer and I certainly wasn't looking forward to potential side effects. However, I had very little in the way of side effects from the first cycle, and certainly none of the really horrible ones, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this cycle too.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"