Covid

• 3 replies
  • 65 subscribers

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone has had covid during the time they have had treatment for melanoma with unknown source while taking Pembrolizumab immunotherapy. My husband has tested positive and I am worried I will get it. I don’t want my treatment disrupted I.understand there are drugs they can give you but don’t know anything about them. If anyone has had covid was it more serious because of of the cancer. I have had three vaccinations and am due for my 4th.

thank you

Daisyred

• Hi, I am currently on chemo therapy and have tested positive for covid, I feel fine but my husband who tested positive also is feeling very rough. I reported my results and the fact that I am receiving treatment and was contacted with regards to a tablet that I could take that helps with the covid symptoms. I decided as I do not feel that poorly I declined the offer. 

• Hi Max66
    Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. I am beginning to feel rough and Iam going to test today I know what is going to happen.  How long did you have it for?

I wonder if the tablets will help you get over it quicker or just relieve the symptoms.

• Hi DaisyRed I tested positive on Monday and I have tested positive today. I believe the tablet helps with the symptoms. I was due to have chemotherapy on Wednesday but this has been deferred for a week.