Hello new to this

• 2 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Wave  hope everyone's journey is going as well as expected.

I'm new to this not something I'd normally do but hey we all need to talk sometimes.

I'm soon about to start immunotherapy Nivolumab slightly unsure what to expect anyone going through this already if so how you doing?? Thinking thanks if its not too much trouble.

• Hello , I have just read your profile, I’m sorry to hear that both you and your husband are going through cancer treatment. I have had immunotherapy Pembrolizumab which is similar to Nivolumab but by a different pharmaceutical company. I had Pembro over a long time due to progression, recurrence, adjuvant then a further recurrence I’ve recently changed treatment to targeted therapy.

I had treatment every 3 weeks and then every 6 weeks (I think NIvo is 2 or 4 weeks apart) by cannula just like your husband has his chemo. It’s quick only taking 30 minutes plus saline before and after in total I expected the whole procedure to be between 60 to 90 mins. I had a general number and a 24/7 no to ring and instructions on side effects and reporting them. I had few side effects, tiredness for a few days after each iv was my most common side effect. My husband is a real help to me in those times, I do plan ahead to freeze meals for that period to help out as well though. 

I hope you have an easy time on treatment and that someone ahead of you on adjuvant treatment pops in to say hi. If you have any questions just go ahead and ask away.

Take care KT