Hello

• 4 replies
  • 74 subscribers

Hi 

I’m nee to the group , my husband was diagnosed last year with stage 3c melanoma . had a wide resection and pod lymph node biopsy but was unable to resect it all 

Trialed immunotherapy which caused an issue with his pancreas so stopped

has now come back in lower leg in a few places  but unable to operate as on nerves and ligaments

they are gonna trial double therapy as that is only option left and hope does not effect pancreas this time 

he’s coping better thsn me - I’m finding it so hard to be positive at the moment as it seems  every time you think it’s going to be ok it’s comes and tears it’s ugly hesd again 

thank you 

• Hi Skybo,

sorry to hear about your husband and that it’s currently hard for you, the waiting periods when things are changing are not easy are they.

I’m the patient, currently on Pembrolizumab (immunotherapy) I’ve previously had Dabrafenib (targeted therapy). I’m awaiting a scan on Thursday and then results on 15/9 and a discussion on what clinical trials (or standard treatment) may be available to me as a groin lymph node is definitely not shrinking, and I will find out what’s happening to the other areas that were on my last scan. 

Has your husband had his discussion with his oncologist yet or are you still waiting? Will you/ did you get to go in to or is it patient only, like my hospital.

I’m interested to hear what options have been mentioned next for him, what is the double therapy mentioned? If you know.

Take care KT

• Good evening KT

I’m sorry about your groin lymph node and hope that your CT scan has positive outcomes 

I have been very lucky and have allways been allowed to come to all oncology appointments-my husbands  oncogist has always been good even through the pandemic 

he has had his ct scan and waiting appointment on 8 th to discuss results 

double therapy is nibolumab and ipilimumab which is more potent than the single immunotherapy 

take care -sending virtual hugs xx

• My heart goes out to you. My mum has just been diagnosed with melanoma. We don't know the extent of it yet but it's not looking good. She is being amazing but I'm a mess. Cannot sleep and dreading going back to work- I'm a teacher and do not live close by. Thoughts are with you x

• I’m so sorry about your mum and hope you get some positive news- it must be hard when you don’t live close by 

my advice  would be to find someone who you can talk to honestly how you are feeling 

I bottled things up for a long time not wanting to make my hubby worry about me and I ended up having a major wobble 

talking is good  - i have found that has helped me recently 

that is one of the reasons I joined this group 

sending virtual hugs Hugging