Melanoma sucks!

• 3 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Hey guys. I’m 37 and a single mom of 3. I was diagnosed in August of 2019. Stage 4. I’m just really scared and have no one to talk to about it so I thought I would try this. 

• Hello swerner, Ive just read your small post, and wondering if I can help, what is it that you need ? I had my metastatic melanoma diagnosis in 2015, if you want to you can see my profile by clicking on my user name. When you have some time and if you want to you could do something similar by clicking on your user name, and finding the edit profile button to write down as little or as much as you think would be helpful. I found writing a profile a way to come to terms with what I was going through, a way to process all the stuff. It difficult talking to others sometimes, it’s easier when people have some knowledge about what ar going through. 

Im not sure if you are still awake, or if I will be when you reply, but I’ll pop back tomorrow if not, to see how you are doing.

Take care KT

• Hi you are not alone. I am stage 4 and have been for over 3 years. I am on Nivolumab at the moment. If you need to write about how you are feeling or any problems please do so. I have found it easier to talk about my feelings either on here or with some of my friends. 

As KT says if you write a little about your situation it helps at times to put things down onpaper. Just to say you are not alone there are many going through treatment with you. I also found it helpful going to my local cancer centre even if it was just popping in for their coffee morning .

Lgrgdg90
  • Hi 

I'm glad you found this forum, and us. Here you can ask anything you like, tell us whatever you want or just get some of it off your chest.  Like you I am stage IV, and have certainly had my ups & downs with this crappy melanoma.  You cab read about my journey by clicking on my name.

So welcome to the club no one wants to be in, and I hope we can share some experiences with you and helpful ideas & information.

Take care

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!