Braff melanoma now with brain mets

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all, 61f diagnosed 3 years with about 5 subcutaneous melanoma. Went on a clinical trial with Christie hospital at Manchester. Had some immunotherapy which may may ill so then used dab and tram. Had 3 years of nedBlush,was working at the NHS as echo tech during covid. Then at off the blue (all ct scans had been clear) I got symptoms like a stroke, lost speech at bit, so into hospital, mri showed I had a haemorrhage with so masses. Anyway dab and tram stopped, with steroids started. So after 4 days left hospital, but then 4 days after had a seizure (bit scarey for husband) went back to hospital, had another seizure, another mri which seemed to show masses had grown.

So now out of hospital, on anti seizure meds and reducing steroids. Been told not suitable for surgery or radiation. Going to oncology appointment at christies on Monday to see if immunotherapy available. 

Husband and 2daughters brilliant. Had support from macmillians palative support (St Anne's hospice). 

Gp a bit wishy washy. 

So here's to the future, got to try and look on the bright side. Got a allotment which I love. Love the football, Leeds United fan. 

Was originally from West Cumbria but now live in Salford 

Heart

• Hello , welcome to the online community, we have in common that I’m awaiting an appointment on Monday to. Mine is for lymph nodes misbehaving and not the brain mets you are experiencing. I’ve been NED after Dab and then Pembro and had a recurrence after one year, (there’s more in my profile so I won’t bore you, but you can click on my user name to get there if you ever feel like it). I can imagine after 3 years that’s a very big shock, and I’m imagining you would either like to blot everything out til Monday or to click your fingers and be there now like some wonderful magician or time traveler, or is that just me ! 

Putting together some questions when you are not sure what they are going to say to you is a bit difficult isn’t it? 

Take care KT