Vaginal Melanoma

• 4 replies
  • 65 subscribers

So I have an abnormal looking mole on the top tissue of my vagina which is pretty big and noticeable. I am so scared about getting it seen to on Friday and been told its cancer.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

It's natural to assume the worst but try to take just one step at a time. Is your appointment on Friday with your GP or have you already seen him/her and been referred to a dermatologist?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I've gone straight to a private dermatologist as there was a 2 week wait going via my GP and I am so worried as I can tell it's not Normal 

• I was diagnosed with melanoma on my arm just over 4 years ago and also went privately for the initial consultation. However, as I didn't have private insurance the consultant got my GP to refer me to his NHS clinic for the biopsy.

Just to keep your expectations realistic, the dermatologist will only be able to tell if it's definitely melanoma once a biopsy is done and the results from the biopsy are back. Sometimes moles can look 'dodgy' but just turn out to be something benign so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that that is the case for you.

Do come back on Friday and let us all know how you got on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

How did you get on when you went for your appointment last Friday?

x

Community Champion Badge