Bowel melanoma

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

My mum has just been diagnosed with melanoma in the bowel, has anyone had any experience of this?

• Hello  

I have just read your post and noticed that it has gone unanswered. I can't answer your question myself as I have a different cancer, however by me responding to your post it will be "bumped" back to the top of the forum and I hope that it is seen by other Community members and you receive some replies.

A few ideas I have are  

* You could try our Ask a Nurse service to ask about your mum's issue. Again here's a link for you - Ask a Nurse . Please allow a few days for an answer as they get quite busy.

* There's always our support line on 0808 808 00 00 (8am to 8pm 7 days a week) they may have some helpful advice for you.

I do hope you get some information for your mum. If i can do anything else for you please let me know.

Best wishes - Brian.

Community Champion badge

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Strength, Courage, Faith, Hope, Defiance, VICTORY.

I am a Macmillan volunteer.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the melanoma forum which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

You say that your mum has been diagnosed with melanoma in her bowel. Do you know if it was described as anorectal melanoma, sometimes also called anorectal mucosal melanoma? If so, Macmillan have this information on how it's treated.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, 

my melanoma has spread to 3 areas in my bowels. I’m being treated every 4 weeks with opdualog, double immunotherapy.  
    it’s a pretty recent change, so will update. 

best wishes