3.9mm Superficial Melanoma

• 31 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Good morning Pip93

Sorry, it will not let me reply to your last 2 messages, perhaps I have used all my mithering up on this forum.

I can't even see / find your message about the problems with your mum anymore it's gone missing.

Anyway, I don't think you were being to harsh at all, it is probably what I needed i.e a kick up the backside.

When talking to my wife about it last night, and I said "perhaps they are not rushing it because there is no hope anyway", she said she "l never heard anything so ridiculous" "I think they know what they are doing" "there are alot more people out there with much urgent needs than you"

The thing is Pip93, you and my wife are so right and I am being really selfish, I am sorry for being so selfish.

I was just worried in case that if by any chance it had not spread to the lymph nodes etc, it has another month to do so.

Please accept my apology, you have much bigger things going on in your life right now.

I would also like to apologise to all the other brave people out there for my selfishness.

Thank you for the kick up the behind Pip93.

All the best to you and your mum for the future.

Please take care, and sorry again.

Simon xx

• Hi simon bless you for apologising to everybody for being selfish ,think you have been just very stressed about the family you love .cancer does Change you in the fact it makes you realise what is important in life and what isn’t .i now don’t waste time anytime on things that I don’t want to do or people I don’t want to see and yes I’m being selfish .like I said before I was stage 3b and the cancer doctor and oncology team took me on the journey to fight it with everything they could treatment and operations wise .how lucky are we the nhs is there for us all .i was told If I had melanoma  ten years ago I might not be here and that’s  how good the treatments are in 2023 but here I am with 3 clear scans and another 4 years of being checked every 3 months  .i hope next week goes well at your appointments  and your get the strength to start fighting this cruel illness. Big hugs Julie 

• Hi Julie.

Thank you for being so understanding.

You are quite right, we should not take our family for granted, but I am sure we are all guilty of doing it.

I make sure i tell and send a message everyday saying that I love her and our boys millions.

Yes the NHS is a godsend and let's hope it will always be there for all the people who need it.

My plastic surgeon appointment is the 9th of November not October, my mistake, I didn't read my letter properly, I think I was shaking when I actually opened it.

I sure you will be with us for a long long long time to come.

I hope you have a lovely weekend Julie.

Take care.

Simon x

• Oh Simon, I'm so sorry for making you feel like you were being selfish! I deleted my posts last night because I was worried I'd framed things badly and might have upset you. I honestly was trying to be reassuring, but I felt like I hadn't said what I wanted to very well. You're not selfish, and I'm really really sorry if I made you feel that way at all. It's so understandable that you're anxious, and I really hope things feel better for you soon x

• Hi Simon,

I just wanted to apologise again before I go. I feel absolutely mortified for making you feel bad last night. My intention of coming on here was just to find out information on my mother's behalf and to hopefully offer some comfort and help to others, but I obviously got it really wrong last night. My family had a really hard day yesterday, and I was feeling quite emotional when I responded to you. That's why I deleted my posts - I was hoping you hadn't seen them. I never, never meant to imply you were selfish, honestly, or that your struggles aren't so understandable.

I'm so sorry. I think I'm going to leave the forums for a while, and in future I'll think very carefully about what I say to people.

Wishing you all the best,

Pip

• Hi Pip.

Please don't leave the forum.

I only saw both posts this morning as my phone was on charge in our bedroom, I never took offence at all with what you said at all.

In fact it's the kick up the backside I needed honestly

Take care Pip.

Simon x

• Hi Pip – your posts are inspirational. Please don't leave. You really helped me with your attitude. Like Grinch I am waking up at night – actually had sick in my mouth last night – with likely anxiety (though it could be related to the syndrome I've got (FAMMM syndrome) and I'm plucking up courage to go to the doctor again to get some things checked out. I couldn't even face doing my regular monthly mole checks these past couple months). But, your posts have made me start doing so again. Also, your attitude is infectious in a positive way. And right now I really need some of that. Take care, Pip. (from someone with a genuine case of Foot-in-Mouth) So apologies if I said anything wrong. I really don't think that you did. So glad Grinch agrees. Oh and really feeling for you re your mother. Sending a virtual hug. x

• Hi Rosalinda

100% agree with you.

Pip and so many others to have on the forum.

Pip, Latchbrook etc are an inspeeration

Thank you.

Simon x

• Absolutely I agree! Thank you for saying this Simon. x

• Thank you, Simon. I'm so relieved you weren't offended or upset. I really am sorry, like I said x