Changing growth

• 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello, I’m having a thing removed off my leg tomorrow. I had a nodular melanoma removed last year (stage 3b) and have my last dose of pembro next week. This new thing seemed to grow and bled a little so I got it checked out and we decided to best get it off. The nurse reassured me not to worry as she said she was 80% sure it’s nothing to worry about, possibly some sort of wart. She thought it may have even cleared off of its own accord by the time my minor op came around, but it’s still there. It has healed up  somewhat though so doesn’t look as sore as it did when I had it inspected. I’m just wondering if anyone’s had a melanoma that ulcerated and then healed, or once they ulcerate do they stay sore/keep getting worse? This one looks different to my last, it’s more pink and has a bit of different colour from where it bled. I want to be happy about finishing my treatment but now just worried that it’s not going away. Also any happy stories about getting something removed in case it’s a reoccurrence but turned out to be nothing Slight smile!

• Hi

That's great to read that you only have one more dose of pembro to go. I'm currently having chemo for another type of cancer and can't wait for my last dose next week.

My melanoma was removed in 2016 and I fortunately didn't need to have any follow-up treatment. I have been having 3 monthly and then 6 monthly skin checks by my dermatologist ever since. Last May she decided that she wanted a mole on my back removed. Obviously, it was a very worrying time waiting for the op and then the results but fortunately it turned out to be a slightly abnormal mole and not another melanoma. So that's my "story about getting something removed ....... that turned out to be nothing".

Hope the surgery goes well today and you don't have too long to wait for your results.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi x 

I finished my year of pembro in July this year. This week I was in getting a Basel cell “ they think “ removed from my face. I have had it from around august time and it’s not got any worse or any better ( it’s tiny ) What they told me is that theh  will cut away anything that is of any doubt to them giving my melanoma history. 

hope this helps xx