? Recurring Melanoma ? pain in the area

• 1 reply
  • 54 subscribers

Hello last year (may 2021) was diagnosed with stage 2 melanoma on my left buttock, i had wider excision op to remove this (july 2021) and everything came back clear as well as the biopsy. However the past week i have been having unexplained pain in the same area, it hurts to lie on my left side and i’m getting worried that it could be a sign of it recurring? When i touch, it also feels abit numb? I’ve had anxiety about this in the past before and always felt tingling sensations from the scar which is apparently normal but this is definitely a new kind of pain. I was wondering before i ring the consultant, has anyone experienced this? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I haven't experienced the pain that you describe but I am always reminded by my consultant at my check-ups to contact my SCNS if I'm worried about anything in between check-ups. It sounds like you're planning on doing that so do let us know how you get on.

It would be great if you could pop something about about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"