Skin cancer melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hi everyone I had my surgery on Tuesday wide local excision (WLE)and sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) I’m in a lot of pain a was told to take pain killers the ones you buy by over the counter they have cut from behind my ear to half way around my neck and all I want to do is sleep all the time is this normal 

• Hi

As it's only a couple of days since your surgery I'm not surprised that you are in pain. When I had my WLE and SLNB I was told to take over the counter painkillers regularly for the first few days. I found that after a few days I was able to manage without painkillers although I wasn't totally pain free. However, my operations were on my arm and in my armpit so in a different area to you.

I felt sleepy the day after my operations but then started to go out for a gentle walk each day which did seem to do the trick. 

If you are at all worried give your SCNS a call.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your results show that they've got all the cancer and that there's no spread.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"