Immunotherapy and covid

• 3 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi

I am due to have my second dose of Pembrolizumab next Wednesday. However, my 5 year old has tested positive for covid. It is virtually impossible to isolate from a child so young and I am assuming he was contagious prior to the positive test so chances are I will test positive at some point before my appointment.

Does anyone know how serious it is to have a 6 week dose postponed? I can’t find any information on it and I like to be prepared. Also due to run a marathon on Sunday and have a biopsy of a pigmentation next to my SLN scar next Friday so it couldn’t really have come at a worse time but most children at his school have it so I guess it was inevitable.

thanks in advance 

Sarah 

• Hi Sarah…I have just faced the same issue…I contracted covid the week before my 3rd immunotherapy treatment…I contacted the cancer centre and treatment was deferred for 2 weeks and it wasn’t seen as a problem….I’m guessing this is a common occurrence at present…had my bloods done and a further telephone check and treatment tomorrow just a bit late….I do know you can ask for short deferment for a holiday too…It’s just frustrating I know!

• Thanks for your response. It is a relief to know. I’ve been wearing a mask all day and everyone is frozen because I have opened all the windows in an attempt to not catch it. At least now I know it won’t be the end of the world if I do.

• Hi x covid and immunotherapy…I took covid after dose 4 of immunotherapy ( pembro) they advised me that if I get it again ( hopefully not ) then they would Just alter my treatment by a week or so. try not to over worry  xx