Melonoma in situ

• 9 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Afternoon forum. 

today received my test results , came back as melonoma in situ. Glad I managed to get it very early. Just wondering as had nodular melanoma 2 years ago is there anything extra I should ask my consultant.

kind regards 

andrew

• Congrats Andrew on catching your last one early, couldn’t have got a better result. Can’t help you with anything extra to ask though. Great news.

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news for you and such a relief. I can't think of anything you can ask your consultant. Just keep doing your checks it obviously worked as you took action and it was caught in the very early stages. 

• Thanks kat for always being positive and always responding to me and other grateful members in the forum. Just wondering why the aggressive melonoma was on scapula on left hand side, in situ melonoma on lower right side abdomen.

regards 

andrew

Andrew 
  • Hi Andrew, I was diagnosed with nodular melanoma 3C 4yrs ago this summer. The primary lesion had a breslow of 8mm and was BRAF positive. Ive had 3 further recurrences and I’m currently on targeted therapy.

Have they tested the biopsy to see if you’re BRAF positive? Do you mind me asking what stage you are and the treatment you’ve received to date?  

I’ve not met anyone who has been diagnosed with nodular melanoma so I’d be keen to stay in touch with you if that’s ok? 

All the best Jules 

Jules
  • Hi jules

First melonoma appeared 2 years ago . On back / polypoid invasive nodular melonoma with adjacent superficial spreading melonoma . Was diagnosed stage 2A , berslow 1.6mm ,extensively ulcerated, had a 2cm wide excision with slnb that came back negative. Just 3 monthly checks.

Just been diagnosed with in situ melanoma on abdomen, Waiting for 5mm wide excision.

never had brag testing.

regards 

andrew

Andrew 
  • Hi Andrew, I live in Wales where melanoma patients do not receive adjuvant immunotherapy therapy until you reach stage 3 after which time the melanoma has already spread to the lymph nodes. As you are not stage 3 they may not have tested you for the BRAF mutation but it might be worth asking the question. It just means that you could receive other targeted therapy treatments if your melanoma should spread to your lymph nodes. At stage 2 they tend to excise early with the aim of removing everything before it’s spread further. I’m sure that’s happening in your case. Good luck and keep me updated if your progress. 
    jules 

Jules
  • Hi jules, the only thing that bothered me was polypoid nodular is a variant where a lot of the cancer cells are above the skin in a polypoid. So when they do the depth it’s only from base of polypoid. Also it came about in 6 weeks.

regards 

andrew

Andrew 
  • I didn’t realise there were variants of nodular melanoma. Do you mind me asking how the polyploid appeared on your skin? 

Jules
  • Hi jules

looked like a blood blister , then it started to raise and change colour. Ended up before removed , wad black with tiny looked like white lines and occasionally bled.

regards 

andrew

Andrew