Waiting time

• 12 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all ok and getting into the Christmas spirit? (and no, I don't mean that bottle of gin!!)  I know that someone else posted recently about how difficult the waiting time is, after WLE but before getting results, but can't find that thread now....just wanted to say that I am now wishing that i had to wait longer! I had my mole removed exactly 2 weeks ago, and had a phonecall yesterday asking me to go in tomorrow (Friday).  I had kind of forgotten all about it (except in the dead of night) but am now struggling to keep it together.  Does a fast next appt indicate worse result?  Really struggling today

• Hi

Waiting for results is really tough but I think you're right that actually going and getting them can be even tougher as you hope for the best at the same time as preparing yourself for the worst.

To answer your question though, getting your results quicker than you expected doesn't mean that they will be a worse result. The first time I had a mole removed I was told to expect the results within 4 weeks but they took 6 weeks and it turned out to be melanoma. The second time I had a mole removed I was told to expect the results in 6 weeks and I got them in 3 weeks and the mole wasn't a melanoma.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi HappyNana….waiting is a stinker and your imagination can run riot and beyond…we all feel it ……sending you a hug and the kindest of wishes and let us know how you get on tomorrow….x

• Thanks IvysMum......im actually feeling sick but need to put my big girl pants on....will let you know tomorrow xxx

• Awww Hun….take care x

• Hi HappyNana. I understand how you feel and your anxiety. The way to handle this is to tell yourself that a fast next appointment means a swift end to the agony of waiting!  Chances are they had a cancellation and want to seize the chance to fill it promptly. It isn't necessarily a bad sign at all. The most important thing in dealing with all this is to keep moving forward and stay positive. Good luck

"There is nothing as powerful as a made up mind"  - JASON SCHECHTERLE.

• Hi HappyNana, 

I got my results 2 weeks after WLE surgery and it was negative, so no it does not always mean quick results are bad news! Fingers crossed for you, let us know how it goes tomorrow. 

• Thanks Siegfried....im watching Monsters Inc with a gin n tonic and keeping positive x

• You've got that all right to perfection! Be thinking of you.

"There is nothing as powerful as a made up mind"  - JASON SCHECHTERLE.