Swollen lymph node in chest

• 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi there, my partner has just finished a year of target drug and got his yearly scan. He had a groin disection last year to remove lymph nodes. One was positive for melanoma.

Got the results yesterday of the 1year CAT scan and it showed that he has a swollen lymph node in the chest area. We are really worried. The doctor says it worth checking. Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing? Tia

• Hello Mackers1, I f I assume chest and abdominal lymph nodes to be similar I’ve had something similar but not the same as my profile will show.  (Click on my user name) My diagnosis 2015 came with abdominal and pelvic lymph nodes and I’ve had reoccurrences in lymph nodes since.

To recheck they did a needle biopsy an ultrasound or CT lead procedure to locate and draw out fluid from the lymph node and then move on with other treatment. After targeted therapy I started immunotherapy, I am about to start targeted therapy for the second time but different manufacturers drugs but only due to using compassionate access through the consultant. 

Pits disappointing when a recurrence happens but It may be some other reason for an enlarged node, keep positive if possible and the next treatment if needed will come along for you to go through the nasty waiting and uncertainty again, unless the stay positive hat sits there until it gets knocked off or replaced with a more cautious version. 

Ask anything you want.

Take care KT

• Hey  thanks so much for taking the time to reply. He is going for test on Thursday so hopefully we will not have to wait to long for results. 

• Good luck with the wait.

Take care KT