Driving after SLNB

• 4 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello

i am having a WLE and SLNB at the end of the month. I’m self employed and have a 12 yr old daughter. My WLE is on my lower back and the surgeon thinks the lymph node will be in my groin. Does anyone have any experience of driving shortly after or how long I will be off my feet for?

i Will need to arrange school runs etc. 
thanks in advance Relaxed

• Hi Zo m

I have just had a WLE on my lower back and SLNB in my groin and I must say this was not as bad as I had made it out to be in my head (my first op ever!)  I am into my seventh week on the sick due to my back not healing as well as I expected.   My groin healed up within two weeks and did not hinder me getting out and about (I don’t drive but I was out walking within a week). Depending on where on your back the wound is will depend on you driving as it was a good month before I could put my back against the seat in our car, I could feel every bump in my wound on my back so my husband would take detours along roads with no speed bumps.

hope this helps and good luck

Shelaghc

• Hi,

I think everyone is different and it really does make a difference where and what size.

I had my WLE and SLNB there weeks ago. My WLE is on my forearm, about 8 inches long and crosses the bend in my elbow. I still can’t straighten my arm and still have considerable swelling and pain as every time I move my hand my stitches are ‘flicked’ from the long internal running stitches. My SLNB in my armpit has taken time too.

however other people are up and about within two weeks.

All I know for sure is that you need to take your time and give yourself enough space to recover. 

• Thank you very much for your reply. My first wound took ages to heal and driving was very difficult, it’s my lower left back so not the easiest to rest! 

• Thank you Spanielmumma,

really appreciate you taking the time to reply.