WLE not healing

• 8 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Good evening,4 and half weeks ago I had a WLE on my outer thigh and I was told by my consultant that the wound was going to be very tight . my wound was fine whilst the stitches were in but since they have been removed the scar has come open.I have been going back weekly to the dressing clinic but just wondered if any of you have a similar experience and If so how long did it take to heal ?

Thank you 

K xx

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

My biopsy excision wound reopened a couple of hours after I'd had the stitches removed but fortunately the nurse in A&E was able to re-stitch it and it then healed normally so I don't have any personal experience of how long it will take to heal.

I've searched for 'secondary intention', which is what a wound left to heal without stitches is called, and the most reason one is this one where the poster said it took 8 weeks to heal.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

I was wondering how you are now and if your WLE has finally healed. I'm guessing that you've probably had the biopsy results back from it by now and I hope that they were all clear.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook 

WLE has healed quite well now thank you have finally been discharged from the dressing clinic .Got the results back thank you and all clear.How are you ?x

• That's great news and I hope you had a little celebration!

I'm very well, thanks for asking, just waiting for my next check-up appointment to come through the post. I think I might only have this one and maybe one more in another 6 months time before I'll be discharged. I can't believe how quickly the 5 years since I was first diagnosed has gone.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Hi latchbrook, after reading the above post and your helpful answers I thought I'd take a look at how you wrote your profile.   Am I correct in thinking that in 2017 your WLE and SNLB were both all clear?

You don't make that clear so I just wondered. Congratulations on your 5 years of being clear!   So does the medical support stop or happen less often.

• Hi 

You are quite right that I didn't put that my SLNB and WLE were both clear!

I'll pop back onto my profile now and update it. Thank you very much for pointing this out.

How are you doing?

x

Community Champion Badge

• I'm ok ish, just trying to keep busy really. Medically I've had two doses of Pembro and already my liver is playing up but hopefully it's a small hiccup and will resolve itself. I've given up thinking negatively about the future now and just take each day as it comes. I'm going to write up my profile more clearly after your advice.

Again- congratulations on the five years clear it never stops being a worry does it?

How have you managed five years? X

• I'm sorry to read that your liver isn't behaving itself and will keep my fingers crossed that it will resolve.

Yes, it was five years ago in November 2016 that I was diagnosed. I can remember being told that I'd be monitored for 5 years and thinking that seemed like a very long time of having to go for check ups and here we are nearly at the end! I'm not sure if this next check-up will be my last, as that will be 5 years from when I was diagnosed, or the next one in 6 months time, which will be the anniversary of when the check-ups started.

I'm assuming that I'll just be discharged, which does seem kind of scary. Up until now I've always had the safety net of being able to see my consultant within a matter of days if I find something that worries me but I assume that I'd have to go back to my GP once I'm discharged. However, I don't know for definite what happens and will update my profile when I know more.

As for how I've managed, well it has got easier the further in time I've moved away from the diagnosis. I've always been a glass half full person so I guess that helps. Also, I have tried to just get back on with 'normal' life, even though that means avoiding the sun!

Hugging

Community Champion Badge