I’m going to have a dissection of the lymph nodes in my groin

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

My primary was on my shin , but in now in my lymph nodes! I’m having a dissection on 18th. 

Ive had a ct scan which they say in clear except for a nodgel on my thyroid, which not to worry about,

but when I’m about again they’ll want an ultrasound, need I be worried? I’m stressed out as it is ,

my family seem to think after op I shall be clear , will I have treatments after op? Thank you for reading 

my thoughts 

• I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Firstly after having a pet scan something showed up on the scan in my thyroid and I ended up having an ultrasound and a biopsy at the same time. The radiographer at the time of the scan said it looked fine and the results came back negative.

I also had a groin dissection over10 years ago  At the time hey kept me in hospital for 14 days until my wounds stopped draining ,but now I am sure people are sent home and they are taught to change the bottles .

This is so much better as I didnt have a great time in hospital. My results of the dissection were clear so I had the 3 monthly check ups then it went to yearly. I think now people have the option for immunotherapy or tablets for a year as a preventative measure. I only wish that had been available for me.  Many people have no reaccurance  after the groin dissection but unfortunately I did develop melanoma in different parts of my body.  That was over 3 years ago. Things are going fine as I am on immunotherapy indefinitely and my tumours have shrunk or disappeared. I have few side effects from the recent treatment and I attend hospital very four weeks for the immunotherapy. I do wish you well. The advise I would give you is to rest when your body tells you to and to do the exercises and movements you are told to do. 

Lgrgdg90
  • Thank you so much for that , my biopsy was positive, I have been told I will stay in for 3 to 5 days! I’m 84 so I get a bit panicked, the hospital is 2 hours away so I don’t know if I’ll see family while I’m there ,but always phone ,thank you again x

Betful