WLE & SLNB on my back

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 56 subscribers

It’s 4.22 and I’m awake not quite sure what to do with myself I feel like I’ve done a round with Tyson been stabbed and am in need of a big lump of cake Rofl Still I’m happy & positive dispite the fun and games. Anyone else awake?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Looks like it was only me. I shall go back to talking to myself and dealing with this with my family and friends and my wonderful Macmillan nurse...

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm afraid I was fast asleep at that time of night but wondering if you found and ate that large piece of cake you were talking about!

I had a WLE and SLNB almost exactly 4 years ago, although mine was on my upper left arm and in my left armpit. It was uncomfortable for a few days but I took the pain meds that the hospital recommended and after a couple of days it was uncomfortable rather than painful.

Do you have a date to get your results?

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi latchbrook thank you for your reply. I’ll pop something on there today Blush  I’ve only just had that cake and it was lovely thank you. I’m finding it uncomfortable but also getting jabbing pains I spose it’s different for everyone. Thankfully I slept over 10 hours last night so I think I may have caught up a bit on my sleep.  I get my results on the 22nd but my Macmillan nurse keeps an eye out for me and if they come in sooner she gives me a call Wink I’m very positive at this stage and so pleased I don’t feel like I did waiting for the first lot of results I think I buried myself every day for 2 weeks...total snotty mess!!

I bet you can’t wait until you’ve completed your 5 years xx

• Glad to hear you enjoyed the cake  Smiley

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling positive. It's so easy to waste precious energy worrying when you need all that energy focused on healing.

Where was your SLNB done? Mine was uncomfortable for a while but by the time I went for my results two weeks after the ops everything had more or less settled down. It was probably a good 12 months or so though before all the strange numbness went from around both the SLNB and WLE.

I remember thinking that 5 years seemed like forever when I was first diagnosed but I've got so used to going to the hospital every three months for a check-up that it's just become part of my life. I think it also provides a safety net for spotting anything untoward.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes it’s a shame we can’t control our thoughts life would be so much easier lol  

My SLNB is in my left armpit better than being in my right I think as I’m right handed.  I was told the numbness from the SLNB would likely be permanent but I’d get used to it. It doesn’t seem too numb at the moment tho.

In a strange way I’m quite happy to be kept an eye on it means I can relax and get on with life. 

x

• My SLNB was in my left armpit too.

It all feels completely normal there now. My SCNS advised me to massage the scar there and on my arm with E45 once the wounds had heeled. This was for two reasons. Firstly to help improve the look of the scar and secondly to "teach the skin to feel again". It worked well for me. She also said there was no reason to spend lots of money on expensive creams that something basic like E45 was just as good.

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Ooo great tip I’ll deff do that thank you. Grin