Husband’s Biopsy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi my husband had a biopsy on a mole in front of his left shoulder on 23rd Dec 2020 after numerous (talking years) checks by the doctors and are still awaiting the results. Over the last year he has been exhausted and, as a usually very fit 52 year old, this has been a bit worrying, but because he’s got a high powered job we’ve put it down to exhaustion. Recently he’s been complaining of a very achy and sore lower left sided back ache and left side groin ache and I am so worried (he is too - and he’s not a worrier) that it is something to do with this mole. Has anyone had something similar. Thank you all so much for listening to me xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie42,

My dad also had a mole biopsy from his shoulder (right) in early January (after badgering from me to go see the doctors in December) and it was recently confirmed to be a malignant melanoma. Considering the wait time (and how rapid the turn around was for my dad's biopsy), As such, I'd imagine that no news is good news in the case of your husband. As for his symptoms, is it possible that he has shingles? Shingles can be caused by high stress and produces the symptoms you're describing. While I understand your worry that these symptoms may be a sign of something more serious, it may actually be something less sinister.

Not only am I speaking from a medical point of view (I'm in my last year for a degree in biomedical science), but I am also speaking from personal experience. I had shingles this year, and the rash which is associated with this virus did not appear until much later, but I too experienced severe aches along one side of my body. A quick ring and check with the doctors had it confirmed. So perhaps try this first? 

Hopefully this helps you, and I sincerely hope all is well. 

• Hi

We haven't 'spoken' before but I was wondering how your husband is now and whether he's had the results from his excision biopsy yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"