Recovery from SLNB

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hi

I had a WLE to my left calf and SLNB in my groin 2.5 weeks ago and I’ve been healing well. The site of the SLNB has been very bruised and sore but is starting to feel better, but now all of my inner thigh almost down to my knee feels tender and bruised - has anyone else experienced this? Could it be related to surgery or might it be early symptoms of lymphodema?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I had a SLNB but it was in my armpit rather than my groin so not much help there I'm afraid. However, I'm tagging into my reply to you as I know they had a similar feeling in their leg. Hopefully they'll be able to pop by and tell you what happened.

If you haven't done so already it would probably be a good idea to speak to your SCNS and let her know about how your leg is feeling.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I had mine 9 days ago and I have the same pain, did you find out what it is? Thanks.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same pain as Rainbow29. Have you spoken to your SCNS about it?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"