New lump after acral Lentigious Melanoma

• 6 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Had my 3month check middle of October and I highlighted a lump in the lower groin area. Fast forward FNAC and ultrasound beginning November to get a call to see consultant last week. Initial results showing cells now gone for further histology. Friday I had full removal for staging now waiting for CT scan. Because I had been diagnosed with acral Lentigious Melanoma in July last year within my two toes and had it fully removed, I'm now concerned as notes typed on Red paper this week...ill defined hypervascular focus of internediate echoes measuring 16mm then next paragraph metastic melanoma !! He did say immunotherapy treatments. Everything was a blur and not being able to take husband in made it worse. I think I need to speak to my SCN as I'm wandering if I'm worrying too much now. Follow up is within 4 weeks!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ah Shelvox, I will keep everything crossed for you!!!! I can't imagine how you must feel. How soon will you have the results of the further histology? Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts xx

• Hi and welcome back, although I wish you weren't here because of further worries Disappointed

I think in your shoes I'd give my SCNS a call. She'll be able to explain what the notes mean and it might help you not worry for the next 4 weeks.

If you are having immunotherapy there are quite a few members who should be able to tell you about their experiences once you know which type you're having.

Let me know how you get on when you've called your SCNS.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Had great news today, no melanoma showing in lesion. :) 

• Yeh!!!!!!

That's great news and just in time for Christmas too.

xx

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Shelvox

Amazing news Shelvox!! I am sooo happy for you, kept checking here for your updates, especially that my subtype is most likely acral, too (pending confirmation). Brilliant news for you in time for Christmas!! I will get my SLNB results after Christmas, my amputated toe healing really well, fingers crossed I will get some good news for a change too xx