Been to see consultant today

• 7 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi all hope everyone is ok 

Been to see my consultant today my MRI and CT scan results came back clear

So now I'm waiting to go in for another operation to have nodes removed from my neck on the left side as a trace of melanoma was found in my sentinel node from my biopsy results and then from there they will decide if I need any more treatments based on the results of the other nodes taken out 

Take care

Sparkle X

• Hi sparkle 

glad you scans were clear,hope the rest of your treatment is kind to you.

regards 

Andrew

Andrew 
  • Hi

I was wondering how you were and if you had a date, or even had the operation, for removing the lymph nodes in your neck yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  sorry not been on here for a while I'm ok! I've had my lyphm node dissection on the 4th November so I'm going on Tuesday to see my consultant to see what the results where of the other nodes they have taken out basically an go from there what the plan is. I think I'm like 0.1mm of being being offered adjuavnt Therapy based on mole depthness if it was 2.0mm I would of been stage 3A so wouldn't be offered it . Bit my mole was 2.1mm so I'm in the 3b stage just. Hopefully it's not gone anywhere else apart from the sentinel node they took out my surgeon seemed confident the dissection was more of a precaution surgery I know people say it doesn't make a difference but he said it can reduce the chance of a reoccurrance so why wouldn't I do that if it reduces the chances plus I'm sure he wouldn't do major neck surgery if he didn't think there would be a point :) he did say he hasn't gone mad and taken lots of just ones near where my mole was an some more abit further up he didn't feel the need to risk other implications given the size of melanoma found was at the biggest 0.5mm in the centre of the node so I will know more Tuesday hope your ok? Xz

• Hi

How did it go on Tuesday? Do you need any more treatment or is that it now?

I'm well thank you. Just getting a bit bored like everyone else at the moment.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  glad your ok . Out of the 19 nodes he took out there was 1 that was positive which had a 0.3mm deposit in the sentile one had 0.5mm but th rest were clear . I think I'm being referred to the oncoloRolling eyesst to see if I want any adjuavnt therapy. I've only just noticed it today but I've seen a dark mark on my scar that wasn't there Tuesday Im not sure if it's just the scar that healing or its a sore Rolling eyesf the staples as I had allergic reaction to them so I'm gonna have ring my nurse Monday now cos I'm panicking it's returned already Rolling eyes 

• If you are offered adjuvant therapy then there are plenty of people in the group who should be able to tell you about their experiences.

That sounds like a good idea to speak to your SCNS on Monday. The mark might be nothing to worry about but it's always safer to tell your nurse about it and she can then arrange for you to be seen if necessary. Of course these things always seem to happen at a weekend when we can't speak to anyone immediately, but try not to worry in the meantime.

x

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks  I kno it's a constant worry I hope it's nothing to worry about as you said always happens on weekends when there is no one to talk to Face palm .. yea my consultant said I'm not in the group of people he would really recommend adjuvant therapy to but cos I just fall into the 3b category by 0.1mm I would be offered it so I'll definitely be getting more information and seeing what's best to do Xx