Dabrafenib and Trametinib

• 4 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hello! I'm 6 weeks post op on Wednesday after a axillary dissection of the lymph nodes in my left armpit.

These had to be removed as melanoma cells were present that had spread from a mole I had removed in 2008 but was not thought to be cancerous.

I'm due to start the 1 year course of tablets and was hoping for some advice and pointers on what I might expect, I know people experience different symptoms but any experiences and advice would be very welcome.ThumbsupThumbsup

• I had seven months of taking these tablets. I hadn’t read much about the side effects at the time and when I started to have them became alarmed. Since then lots of people have discussed their side effects and it is more reassuring to know it that it happens to others. My main side effect was shaking at times with cold. It was actually Winter time but I was always cold when outside so I always wore a  thick scarf and gloves. 

It also takes time to get used to taking your tablets at certain times. Saying that the tablets shrunk my tumours considerably and quickly.   I then went onto ipi and  Nivolumab  I hope all goes well with you 

Lgrgdg90
  • Thanks for the reply.ThumbsupYes, seems to be the cold or sudden rise in temperature that's the main issue.

• Hi!

I had a month course of Dab & Tram.  It didn't work out at all for me as the side effects were too much and my doctors stopped it.  Still I was an oddball case and there are many more people who have slight or occasional problems which are manageable.  There is also a thread here on the site which would be worth searching for where lots of people contributed their experiences which would give you a wide range of responses to read - I expect the search function will finfd it for you.

I hope it works out for you.

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• Cheers for that! Thumbsup I'll check out the thread.