Melanoma 1a

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Good day. I was diagnosed with stage 1a melanoma for 5 months.0.2mm breslo,2 klark. I still cannot calm my nerves. Tell me please, are there people who have been living with stage 1a for more than 10 years? Sorry for my language, I am from Ukraine.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're struggling after being diagnosed with melanoma 5 months ago.

I was diagnosed with stage 2a melanoma nearly 4 years ago now and it did take a while before I no longer thought about it every day. However, I'm sure one day, just like me, you'll suddenly realise that it's no longer on your mind all the time. 

Unfortunately there aren't likely to be any people in the group who are still here after 10 years to let you know how they're getting on. This isn't because they haven't got to ten years but because they'll have moved on from the site. Is there any particular reason why you are concerned about the 10 year mark?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

I'm interested in a 10-year hint due to the fact that everyone says that melanoma is very dangerous, so I want to know if this is so? I have a little son, I really want to raise him

• You are right that if not caught early then melanoma can be life threatening. However, as yours was Stage 1a it sounds like it has been caught early as 1a is the best result you can get other than being told you don't have melanoma.

Although the statistics are for the UK, if you take a look at this page from Cancer Research you'll see that it predicts that 9 out of 10 people will survive melanoma for more than 10 years. Hopefully, that will ease your worries.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"