Welcome to the melanoma group

• 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

A very warm welcome to the group!

If you haven't posted yet and want to ask a question just click on '+New', which you'll see in a black box near the top of the page, or reply to this post. There are people here at all different stages of melanoma, so lots of experience available.

Another way of looking for information is to use the search bar at the top of the page to search for old threads covering what you're looking for.

The online community is here to give peer to peer support, so don’t forget to join in with posts if you have experience of something mentioned or are in a similar position. Don't feel that just because someone has replied to a post you can't join in. The more the merrier!

Sometimes you might not have any experience with what is being asked about but you might feel that that you know or appreciate what the poster is going through so a kind reply and a gentle, virtual hug is always appreciated.

We're all getting used to the new look site but if you need any help finding your way around don't be afraid to ask. The help section has also been updated.

If you haven't yet completed your profile when you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into it as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

• A second welcome from me, August I think is my least favourite month, too hot and too sunny. hopefully I will now have jinxed things so that it will stay cool! Wishful thinking. I have now hit 5 years though from my original metastatic melanoma diagnosis I think I will have to edit my profile to make it shorter. 

I hope everyone is keeping well.

KT 

Take care KT

• I meant to reply to this when I saw it three days ago , so apologies for the length of time it's taken me!

Did you have a little celebration for reaching this milestone? I'm well thank you and having my next telephone consultation in just under 2 weeks time. I would be happier to actually see someone and will ask when that's likely to happen.

Off to a socially distanced 60th birthday party (just 3 couples in her back garden) this afternoon. Hope you have a good weekend.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi , I hope the social distancing party went well. Celebration for reaching 5 years, not so much, I was awaiting scan results, and husband and I had to self isolate due to a procedure he was having a few days later. I am of course very grateful, couldn’t help going over a few past blips in my head, but still have a lot of hope and expectations for the next 5 years Grinning

Take care KT