Melanoma and anxiety.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hello everybody.

I have been called in to have stitches removed tomorrow. The guy said nurse wants to see you anyway. This comment has me so worried. Can anyone tell me anything positive about life going forward if it is bad news.

My anxiety is through the roof. 

Thank you 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I've just had a look in your profile to see what stage you're at with your diagnosis but you haven't completed it yet. Could you tell me a little about what's happened so far so I can help you with your question?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi

Thankyou

It was stage 2 under 2 mill8meter. Had the 2 cm operation and stitches.

I missed my first appointment to have stitches removed because I slept in. 

I just can't stop worrying about what I will be told tomorrow .

Thanks for repky

• Hi 

Ok. So you've already been diagnosed with Stage 2 melanoma and the stitches that you're having removed are from the standard follow up wide local excision (WLE). I'm presuming, as you haven't mentioned it, that you elected not to have a sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) as well.

I had an appointment with a nurse and the plastic surgeon who did my WLE and SLNB two weeks after the ops. The nurse checked the wounds and the consultant gave me the great news that they hadn't found any melanoma cells in either site.

Obviously I have no way of knowing in advance what your nurse is seeing you for but I'm guessing it'll be for the same, ie. checking of the wound site and giving you the results.

Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, but it won't change what the nurse will say tomorrow and will probably stop you getting a good nights sleep.

If it's bad news then there's plenty of people in the group who can tell you what the next stage of your treatment will be and if it's good news we'll all be here to celebrate!

Do come back and let us know how you get on tomorrow. 

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• All the best for today

Fingers crossed

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Today was literally just to have stitches removed.. my anxiety subsided a lot after that.

My appointment for results is on the 11th.

Can I just ask of they call you in for results even if they are good results? 

Thanks guys 

• That's great news !

Yes, I had an appointment for the results of my WLE and they were clear.

Let us know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Will do. My appointment is the 11th. I'll let you know.

Thanks again guys 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

All Clear. I said I would let you guys know. I got the all clear Slight smile

Thank you so much guys xxxx

• That's great !

We always like to hear good news

Tada

Community Champion Badge