Welcome to the melanoma group!

• 2 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Welcome to the group to both old and new members

If you haven't posted yet and want to ask a question just click on 'Start A Discussion', which you'll see near the top of the page, or reply to this post. There are people here at all different stages of melanoma, so lots of experience available.

Another way of looking for information is to use the search bar near the top of the page to search for old threads covering what you're looking for.

The online community is here to give peer to peer support, so don’t forget to join in with posts if you have experience of something mentioned or are in a similar position, and don't feel that just because someone has replied to a post you can't join in. The more the merrier!

Sometimes you might not have any experience with what is being asked about but you might feel that that you know or appreciate what the poster is going through so a kind reply and a gentle, virtual hug is always appreciated.

If you haven't yet completed your profile when you have a minute could you pop something about your journey so far into it as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

• Hi Where have the people in the Melanoma Group gone? To any new people here, there is hope! I was told in May 2013 I had Stage4 Malignant Melanoma and that I wouldn't make it to New Year 2014! I went on a Trial drug that worked for me and I am still here to tell the tale!

How long is it since YOU have been diagnosed?    Take Care, Love xxx

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi 

We're all still here! I'd like to think it's quiet on here at the moment because no one is being diagnosed with melanoma but it's probably because people are finding there way around the new site.

That's great news that you're doing so well and I'm sure other people who are Stage 4 here will take a great positive from this.

I was diagnosed coming up to 4 years ago now but was lucky in that it was 'only' stage 2. You can have a read about my journey if you click on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"