SLNB site

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Hello, I haven’t been on for a fair few months as I’ve been feeling generally ok since my WLE excision (right forearm) and SLNB (right armpit) last June. However, I’m wondering whether anybody else has experienced what I’ve been feeling? During the last couple of months I’ve been having pain (mainly a dull ache with occasional stabbing sensations) coming from my armpit and radiating into my right breast and up into my collarbone. Hoping it’s just the site healing. Any thoughts? X

• Hi

I had a WLE on my left upper arm and a SLNB in my left armpit 3 years ago this month. My armpit would feel uncomfortable, off and on, for quite a while afterwards. These spells never lasted for more than a few days at a time and gradually happened less and less often. I just assumed that it was the nerves, etc healing. I didn't get pains going into my breast and collarbone.

You could give your SCNS a call tomorrow and let her know what you're experiencing. Hopefully, she'll be able to reassure you but, if necessary, she can arrange for you to be seen.

Let me know how you get on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for your response. I saw my consultant who thought that it might be my nerves repairing and has written to my GP suggesting he prescribe nerve pain relief should I require it. I’ll try to hold off the pills if I can but I was just wondering whether anybody had experienced the same sensation.

Also had 2 punch biopsies on my back as a precaution so am hoping they’ll come back ‘negative’.

xx

• It's good to hear that your consultant just thinks it might be your nerves repairing . I hope everything starts to calm down soon.

Let us know when you get the results of your latest biopsies. Were you given a timeframe for the results?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you. Results in about 4 weeks. X