Hi all. Newly joined.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Can anyone please tell me about the procedure for removing a "suspect" mole?

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm assuming that you've seen a dermatologist and they've recommended that you have a mole removed. 

When you go to have your mole removed you'll lie down on a couch and the area around the mole will be injected with an anaesthetic. The surgeon or dermatologist, depending on who's doing the excision, will then cut out the mole along with an area of healthy skin around it. You'll then be stitched up and sent on your way.

You may have stitches that need to be removed later by your GP's practice nurse or dissolvable stitches which don't need removing.

You will be given instructions on how to look after the wound and be told how and when you'll get your results. It can take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks to get your results back depending on how busy the path labs are.

If you've got any other questions just fire away!

When do you go for your excision?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thankyou for replying.

It was only yesterday (29/01) I saw the dermatologist. Should be within 2 weeks, either at our local hospital or local GP practice who perform minor surgeries.

• Let us know when you know the date and feel free to ask any other questions you have.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"