Groin SLNB

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Has anyone had a lymph node removed from their groin for biopsy?

Its been three weeks since mine. The numbness has finally gone but I still have pain in my muscle from the top of my thigh all the way to my knee. It feels like a torn muscle. Just wanted to know if this was normal? 
I also have a hard lump around the top of the scar area which I’m assuming is from the biopsy and nothing to worry about with lymph nodes etc.

The wait for the results is the worst part though so was wondering how long people have waited for results. My surgeon said 3/4 weeks but can be sooner if it’s a positive node. It’s three weeks today so I’m assuming it’ll be anytime now. 

• Hi 

I had a couple of lymph nodes removed from my groin but I didn't get the same pains as you are experiencing.  I did have a small lump initially, but I think this was due to the skin overlapping slightly where I was sewn back up.  Although I did unfortunately get an infection, my leg recovered fully and I have no issues as a result of the operation.  My biopsy was done prior to removal using the "puncture technique".  Other cancer biopsies I had have taken three plus weeks 

We are all different, but in your shoes i would call my cancer nurse and ask for some advice?  

Let us know how you get on.

J

Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and find it!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Sailor2

Thanks for the response. My leg just feels like the muscle is damaged. I have spoken to a nurse who checked my wound and she said this would be normal. I just thought after three weeks it would seem better but it’s not. 

I will leave it for another week and if it carries on I will speak with someone. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I also had a lymph node removed from my groin.  Its been almost 6 weeks now and I still have numbness that stretches to my knee at times and tenderness.  Both my surgeon and my oncologist told me this is normal. I also had a large lump under the incision that my doctor drained.  Both doctors insist that everything is fine, but like you, I just can't help feeling like something's not quite right.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That’s how mine still feels. Very tender as if I’ve torn the muscle. I’m still waiting for the results!! The constant worry gets worse as time goes on!