Feeling low

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 56 subscribers

So I contacted my nurse on Tuesday morning about another mole that I’m concerned about! It has changed in colour and size slightly and has been itchy recently! One of her support workers eventually got back to me today! She suggested that I contact my doctor and if they think it needs investigated then they’ll refer me! 

Seen doctor late this afternoon who is red flagging me for a referral back to dermatology! It might be nothing as it was checked a few weeks ago but I’m concerned about the change! 

xxx

• Hi

It's no wonder that you're feeling low having become worried about a mole that you've noticed has changed. 

Looking back through your previous posts I can see that you live in Northern Ireland where I think the system for reporting concerns must be slightly different to the rest of the UK. I was told not to contact my GP if I found anything of concern but to contact my SCNS who would then make an appointment to see a consultant within a few days. I have had to put this to the test twice and, thankfully, it was nothing to be worried about. Hopefully, yours will also be okay but it's natural to expect the worse. 

Let us know how you get on with dermatology and do you have a date for your WLE yet?

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi latchbrook

Yes, my nurse also told me when I received my diagnosis that all I needed to do was contact her if I was worried about anything and she would “fit me in” at the end of the clinic. She also said that she would give me a call to see how I was but that still hasn’t happened. It just feels like I have to get on with it! 

Today is also a bittersweet day for me - my daughter comes home for Christmas but I now have to tell her about my diagnosis!

xx

• That's awful that you've been made to feel that you just have to get on with it . No wonder you're feeling low.

I know that you've got to explain your diagnosis to your daughter today but I'm sure it'll be great to spend time with her again. You can always point her in the direction of the Macmillan website if she wants to read about melanoma and it's treatment.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you latchbrook for your support and advice!

My husband and I sat with our daughter this evening and explained my diagnosis to her! There were tears but we tried our best to reassure her! I’ve told her about the literature that I received at my diagnosis! I’ve also told her about this group! Hopefully she’ll find some comfort! 

xx