SLNB recovery stories pls

• 2 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi

I'm having WLE on my back and SNLB (right armpit) on Friday following a stage 1b melanoma diagnosis.

Would love to hear about the recovery experience from those that have had the same procedure. I have a demanding job full time but luckily work from home and two young children who need to go to school and clubs etc. Just trying to manage mine and others expectations of what I will and won't be able to do.

Many thanks

• Hi Remlap,

I had my WLE on the back of my right shoulder in 2021. The SNLB was taken from my right armpit and both incisions were closed with surgical glue. I took off the following day from work and returned the day after to my very physical job with no restrictions other than no heavy lifting. I experienced remarkably little pain or discomfort other than sharp pain that coincided with raising my right arm above shoulder level. After the first time I did not do it again, but that pain lessened and diminished over the course of a week or two. Very quick healing of the wounds. I was subsequently diagnosed Stage 3 and started immunotherapy with Pembrolizumab (Keytruda). Now 3.5 years NDE and cancer-free. All the best to you.

Dave11

• Hi  

I had a WLE on my upper left arm and SLNB in my left armpit.

I had mild pain in both sites but nothing that a combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen for a few days afterwards couldn't keep on top of.

By the time I went for my results and check-up two weeks later, I had full mobility again. 

Hope it goes well for you

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"