Appointment puzzle

• 3 replies
  • 49 subscribers

After my mole excision I was given a follow-up appointment for results (in about 6 weeks).

After 10 days the appointment was cancelled, but no new appointment given. Does that mean that everything is okay?

Do I telephone GP instead? And how long should I wait, viz do I wait until the full 6 weeks are up then telephone GP? It's just over a fortnight since my op.

• Hi  

I'd be inclined to phone your consultant's secretary and ask why the appointment has been cancelled and if a new one needs making. It could be for any number of reasons but you shouldn't just be left guessing what this means.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi latchbrook,

Thank you so much for this extremely helpful advice. 

My appointment was cancelled as it was a severely dysplastic atypical mole and so just a letter sent out – par for the course with me as it's my fifth evolving dysplastic lesion.

So glad I asked for that second opinion as definitely not a seb K. (Second time I nearly got misdiagnosed – the mole was described as benign back in 2015 and I couldn't see how a mole suddenly turned into a Seb K. Also, not a collision tumour either.)

I know I have to keep on top of things with the monitoring. Thank you again for all your help.

Rose xx

• That's great news Rose.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"