I'm worried about a mark on my face and I don't know what to do

• 3 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi

I had a spot on my cheek which when I popped it bled and turned to a scab which a lot of spots I get have been doing. It took about 6-7 weeks for this scab to go and fade. About 1 week later it re appeared as a dark scaly patch on my skin and increased in size. It is slightly raised and sore to touch. 

• Hi  

It's always worrying when you notice some new 'mark' on your skin and the best thing to do is to make an appointment with your GP to get it looked at.

Your GP may then refer you to see a dermatologist at your local hospital if they feel the 'mark' needs further investigation.

I hope that it's nothing to worry about, but seeing your GP is the first thing that you should do.

Do come back and let us know how you get on.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there, I would send this picture off to your GP, just to be on the safe side, might be nothing but better to be safe. I had a a freckle that changed and got a little bit bigger, which would bleed sometimes and be sensitive to the touch, I left it a while before I saw the GP. I thought nothing from it. Sent a picture to my GP and I was referred to the dermatologist a few days later. Hope this helps 

Jamie

• Hi  

How did you get on when you saw your GP?

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"