Waiting times

• 4 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi, so a few months ago I found that a mole had changed colour and shape. I stupidly ignored it thinking I might have hurt it somehow and it was fine.

It never got better and i saw a doctor who was worried about it, i quickly then saw the dermatologist who was also worried about it and then waited 3 weeks for it to be take off (They wanted it off sooner but they were to busy) 3 days about I have it removed.

Even the wait for it to be take off the mole took longer and from the doctors reactions I'm.guessing its probably going to be melanoma as they seemd to be quite sire and the mole did change alot and I'm really worried if it is about how long does it take to get the CT done and the results from that.

What's everyone's experience with the wait time after being told you have got it to the next tests and treatment starting.???

I have been so worried that I'm constantly now feeling like I'm.going to be sick and I have a "doggie" tummy. And I have 3 children and a disabled husband I care for I just don't know how it's all going to work.

I feel I'm being so dramatic and everyone around me is saying it will be OK but I just can't help but think the worst and the fact I left it so long I feel like maybe it could have already spread. I can't stop myself from thinking like this about it even woth keeping myself busy. 

How do you do it ? 

• Hi

i am recently diagnosed stage 1a. Very lucky that I went to see about it when I did, From what I’ve been reading it seems as if it depends where you are how long you wait. I’m in Durham and saw dr within 2 weeks of seeing GP. 4 weeks later had biopsy then about 5 weeks for results. Saw plastic surgeon 2 weeks later and have appt for WLE surgery on 17th July. Waiting is terrible, the worst for me was waiting for results. I just tried to keep myself busy but it’s always on your mind. You are not being dramatic it is a worrying time. Good luck and hope you are not waiting too long for your results x

• Hey, thankyou for the reply.

I was told the results would be back within 3 weeks didn't realise it could be longer.

• I had a mole removed last week and was advised it would take 6-8 weeks for the results. I'm in Berkshire. The dermatologist seemed pretty sure that it will come back positive for being a melanoma but likely early stage.

• I feel everyone's desperation for their results.

I had an excision biopsy two weeks ago for a rapidly changing lesion. Doctors are honest enough, could be benign or melanoma. Dermoscopic features of both are present. The waiting is dreadful.

Consultant said if you don't hear from us within 4 weeks, you can relax and you'll get a letter around the 6-8 week mark.