My Dad's scan results.

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

My Dad just got his scan results and the mass in his tummy has shrunk significantly.  We are so happy! It was 10.1cm x 5.7 cm and is now  3.1 x 1.5!!! We really are so happy, the unfortunate thing we have is that his calcium levels are high and the oncologist said that he may have to stop the treatment unless it improves, this is why he has extreme dehydration as well severe fatigue! The oncologist reckons it is a very rare side effect to the treatment. 

Has anyone else had this? I really hope that he can continue with the treatment. He has had 4 double doses of the ipi/nivo and has had 3 doses of the nivo so far. I am not sure what will happen to the mass in his tummy if he has to stop the treatment.  

• My partner has had the 4 double doses of Ipi and Nivo  and  now 3 maintenance doses of Nivo, the same as your Dad.

• He also suffers from extreme fatigue just after treatment, aches and pains and dry mouth. The fatigue improves over the 4 week gap between nivo, and he has been given a gel mouthspray for dry mouth. His bloods have been fine, so has not had the same problems with calcium levels as your Dad. His April scan showed a reduction in tumours so condition is stable now. Hope your Dad's calcium levels improve so he can continue with nivo.

Best wishes Margyy

• Thanks for reaching out. I am glad that your partners treatment is working. 

My Dad's fatigue is constant and it is every 3 weeks that he gets the Nivo.  His thyroid is now under active as well.He is starting to get quite depressed due to the fatigue. He has no energy whatsoever.  I really hope  that he can continue with the treatment.  

My Dad has the mouth gelspray but nothing  seems to be working. The oncologist said that it is due to the high calcium.