SLNB results

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hello all, my first post. My husband had his WLE/SLNB in Feb (6/9 nodes removed, the other 3 were too close to important organs to be removed), and we were told 10 days ago that 5/6 removed had cancer cells in. He now has scans tomorrow on his head and whole body, we're told to check brain, lungs & liver, and our results appointment is next week.

Does anyone have any experience of this kind of SLNB result and then mets elsewhere? Our CNS told me that they see spread from this kind of result every week, so I'm assuming the worst already but am trying to hang onto some positivity. I'm also more of a realist than an optimist though and want to be prepared for any outcome. We're currently at a 3C grading but know this will change if the scans show it has spread anywhere else.

Thank you all. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

I'm sure members of the forum who have had a similar experience to your husband will pop on soon to share their own experiences.

I'll be keeping everything firmly crossed for clear scans.

Anne 

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Anne,

Many thanks for your reply and welcome Blush