WLE skin graft and SLNB

• 4 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Just been diagnosed with stage 2a melanoma following a biopsy. Got to see plastic surgeon in a week. Confused with all the information and worried about this triple procedure. I will definitely have the SLNB as I have previously had breast cancer which was removed by lumpectomy along with 2 lymph nodes. A few years later I had lung cancer and had half my lung removed without the need for further treatment. Now this!!! I can’t believe I have got a 3rd cancer but yet here I am.

anybody had a similar experience?
Thank you

• So sorry. Tough. I have breast cancer and now melanoma with SNLB in groin showing cancer cells. Waiting to hear what next as I’ve been having immunotherapy for 9 months for breast cancer. Its so confusing x 

• So sorry to hear what you are going through and sending love & hugs for a positive outcome xx

• Hi  

I did things the opposite way around to you. I was diagnosed with melanoma in 2016 and then breast cancer in 2022.

Anne

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Poor you!  I’m seeing oncologist tomorrow about melanoma as bit of cancer found in results of SNLB.  At least its gone. And I’m having immunotherapy for the breast cancer so think tomorrow is whether they need to give me anything else or “just” regular ultrasound