Advanced melanoma

• 2 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I am absolutely devastated as I've just been told the melanoma on my back has spread to my lung and can't be cured now. My oncologist is reluctant to start immunotherapy again as I developed colitis and the polymyalgia 9 months into my treatment for the primary melanoma 2 years ago. I'm so scared as my husband has stage 3c lung cancer and I'm terrified of the thought of him going through it alone. They haven't given me any idea of time scales, they just said it's an aggressive cancer and to apply immediately for disability allowance. Based on this I am thinking months rather than years and now worried sick as I don't have life insurance anymore, I'm thinking I will organise and pay my own funeral with my credit card. Sorry if I'm going on a bit here, I'm still in shock and my brain is on overdrive trying to make sure my husband will be ok when the inevitable happens. 

• Hi  

I'm so sorry to read that you've recently been told that your melanoma is no longer curable. We do have a group called living with incurable cancer which I think you might benefit from joining. They're a lovely bunch over there who talk about all sorts of things, not just cancer related, and they will understand what you're going through. If you'd like to take a look just click on the link I've created.

Sending lots of virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you I will have a look x