Pembrolizulobub DVT as side effects

• 4 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi my husband has had stage 4 melanoma for just over a year and has been having Pembro immunotherapy for one year. Very successful as original site is clear and no further spread. However he has had two DVTs with the most recent found last week in his calf. First one five months ago on his thigh on same leg. He was on Pitsofan? Tablets but now has to be on Warfarin. He was going to go on to have a second year on Pembro but this is now in question which is concerning us. Has anyone else had this or similar?

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your husband has had two DVTs since being on Pembrolizumab and it must be very worrying for you both.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

How are you doing  as I notice you're being treated for a soft tissue sarcoma?

Sending (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Latchbrook, Thank you so much for replying to bump me up! Very kind. Yes I do have secondaries from a retroperineal sarcoma on my kidney two years ago. It is now in my liver which is not good and I am on ongoing chemo atUCLH. So my husband and I are supporting each other as best we can. He is not so good at reaching out to online communities si I thought I would do this for him. He does loads for me in more practical ways.

• It's good that you can support each other. My husband has been very supportive as well, which helps a lot.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Ruthmary, I've not personally experienced any DVTs whilst on Pembrolizumab for my melanoma but there has been some research done which indicates that it may be a problem for some people undergoing immunotherapy.  Your husband's oncologist should be able to help you with this question hon as there is published research and they may be able to give you more detailed information.  Take care x