PET Scan

• 1 reply
  • 49 subscribers

Hi all and new here

Stage 3/4 Melanoma patient and currently being treated with Pembrlizunab. This was originally given as adjuvant but now is being used to treat new lesions after cancer has metastasised. 

I was initially given told they'd caught all the cancer after radical neck dissection but scan showed nodules on my lungs.  Those disappeared on the scan before last but new ones appeared in my gut and kidney.

I haven't had the results of the last scan yet (there have been numerous delays) but I have been told they want to do a PET scan - no other details as yet.  

Has anyone had a similar experience?  

While I'm trying not to worry, I know that this is not good news and the stress of being held in limbo is making it impossible. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I haven't had the same experience as you but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies from any of the other people in the group who are on pembrolizumab/keytruda. Replying to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll hopefully be seen by those who've had a similar experience.

There are lots of people on this drug in the group so, if you haven't done so already, you could type 'pembrolizumab' and/or 'keytruda' into the search bar and have a look through the previous posts which mention it.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"