SLNB site infection, 1 week post surgery

• 3 replies
  • 51 subscribers

An unexpected visit to hospital today as have developed an infection in one of the surgical wounds a week after my WLE & SLNB. Increased pain, swelling, a rash and a burning sensation through my arm gave it away. I don't fancy having sepsis as well so time for a massive dose of antibiotics over the next 7 days to send it packing!

• Hi

Sorry to read that you've developed an infection in one of your surgical teams and I hope that you're feeling better now.

When you have a minute, it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi ClareR

Hope the antibiotics are working and that you are feeling better.  It took several weeks for my WLE to heal up.  That was with frequent dressing changes and also being very careful to keep it dry, which is supposed to reduce the risk of infection.

Best wishes

• Im having mine on the 21st and keeping seeing mixed reports. X